Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What is a Haunter Most Afraid Of?

That's easy... Mother Nature. While she's blessing us with cooler temps and beautifully colored leaves, she's also known for weather mood swings. This weekend, she blasted my little part of the world with intense winds. Granted, it's always windy/breezy in October but I've never experienced wind like we had yesterday in the 6 years that we've done the haunt. Yesterday, I was having a full blown panic attack, because we had just set up our huge entrance way the day before.
Even though each pillar is anchored in the ground with two metal bars, it was leaning at an extremely precarious angle, over our ditch. .

Finally, they tumbled down. There was nothing that I could do about it, since I was home alone and the darn things are too heavy and too awkwardly placed for me to do anything about it by myself.
Thankfully, neither pillar hit the cement or the mail box and had very minimal damage.
I'm hoping that's the worst of the weather for this month. I'd surely be disappointed if Halloween was rained out again like last year! Please be kind to us Mother Nature! =)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's some wind! At least none of your other props/decorations were damaged. Or anyone walking behind them for that matter! I wonder if there is a way you could further anchor the pillars? Big hunks of cement behind them or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy sh#%! That is a haunter's worsed nightmare. Well lets be thankful it wasn't a tornado. Love your entry by the way. It's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. It wouldn't be October without time spent picking up props after the wind. Glad everything survived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justine, yes, we're trying to figure out if there's anything else that we can do, short of building smaller pillars so that they're not such a hazard! :)
    Thanks Lady M :) I think it's pretty great too! My hubby did a lovely job :)
    Halloween Spirit, I'm glad too! I was sick to my stomach thinking that everything would be destroyed if it fell, but thankfully, all turned out well :)

    ReplyDelete