Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Furlough-ween

I know I've been away, but I've been getting so much done! :)

You see, I'm celebrating Furlough-ween right now.  I've always wanted more time off in October! 

So, this is what I've been up to....

LOTS of prop building:



 
 
LOTS of decorating:











And even some baking!

 
Oh and I can't forget soaking up the BEAUTIFUL weather that we've been having, by spending a lot of time outdoors and even photographing some of the critters and plant life that we have around the house...
 

 

 
 
 
I know!  LOTS has been taking place at 2nd Street Cemetery! 
 
Yard decorations are going up a little at a time.  Waiting on the Count to have some time off from work to finish up our new entryway and then we'll put up the fence and crypt and other big pieces.  We hope to have that done by Sunday.
 
I even co-hosted my and my Mom's 2nd Annual Witch's Tea, which I'll honor with a post of it's own :)
 
Needless to say, I'm really enjoying my impromptu vacation ;)
 
More to come!
 
Happy, Happy October!!!!

8 comments:

  1. It looks like you've been really busy! I know how that is this time of year. :) I love that pumpkin you made! Your house is looking great and I think I recognize some little bits and pieces from Michael's. I ended up with those same strands of mini pumpkins that are coming out of the little hat on your tree. I can't wait to see your Witch's Tea photos. I'm in the midst of making invitations for our Witch Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine! The pumpkin is a carvable that I bought from Michael's and I just painted him and gave him a nice stem :)
      Yep, I get a lot of my inside décor from Michael's and from Hobby Lobby! I could go broke shopping there :)

      Delete
  2. So I guess the timing wasn't so bad after all! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I really love your new columns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! They've come further since that pic and they still have a bit to go. I have them primed and I'm waiting on the hubby to finish with the molding so that I can paint them grey :) Can't wait to show you guys the final product!

      Delete
  4. I just love that jack o' lantern, and I covet your witch o' lantern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mantan! Can you believe I found that Witch o' lantern at TJ Maxx for $10?!? If you have Marshall's, TJ Maxx or a Home Goods near by, you might want to check them out :)

      Delete