Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back on Track!

I went to Michael's yesterday to look for plan "B" for my reaper project.  I finally found what I need:

At the tune of $54, I was prepared with the coveted 50% coupon, which dropped the price down to about $30. I figured that it was worth a shot.  I was very pleased when I got it home and it projected my image perfectly on the wall as soon as I turned it on :)  AND it projects in color so the possibilities for uses is ENDLESS!  My husband is all ready trying to figure out how we can use it in the haunt ;)  Also, the bulb is just a regular old spiral bulb that you'd use in a regular light fixture, so that will be easy and cheap to replace if it goes out.

So now I'm antsy as ever to get my reaper's wings started. 

Here's the sketch that I'm going to use:



Pictures of progress to follow shortly!

Happy Haunting,
The Countess

3 comments:

  1. The sketch looks great. If the wings look anything like that, it will really be something to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Hallowdean!
    Yes, I'm hoping that the wings come out exactly like that :) That's why I went through so much trouble getting a projector. I knew that I wouldn't be able to skecth them out to the size that I need in this quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes dear Countess an opaque projector can be very useful ... I have not used one since my stay at the federal "loony bin" about 25 years past ..... these things work very well for creating an exact duplicate of the original image ( enlarged to the right size for your purposes).... have fun ...I look forward to your results..... your "fiend" ...Dr. Theda

    ReplyDelete