Saturday, June 16, 2012

HELP

Ok, I'm trying to move my blog to it's new home, which will still be on blogger, but my link will be spelled correctly this time ;)  (cemetery)


Does anyone have any experience with exporting and importing their blog, using a Mac?


The steps in the help are vague as to whether the user needs to manually save the exported blog to their hard drive themselves, or if it automatically saves, and if it does automatically save, where does it save it to and under what name?


Any advice would be greatly appreciated!


-Frustrated Countess 

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea how to help, but I always liked your spelling. It's like the Stephen King version, but better. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is actually pretty simple (in theory)Just go to your dashboard. Choose settings and the first line should read Import and export blog. Just Export your blog to your hard drive, then import it when ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that it would be too, but when I hit "Export", a new page comes up on my computer screen, showing all of my posts in a very raw format, yet I don't have the option to save it on my computer. Is it just saving automatically? That's the part that I'm having trouble with. And if it is, where? I'm sure that this is a user error problem ;) I'm still learning! lol

    ReplyDelete