Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Haunt Insider

I received quite a pleasant surprise this past weekend when I checked my email.  I had been contacted by Scott of the Vlog, Haunt Insider, letting me know that he would be featuring 2nd Street Cemetery on Haunt Insider's 22nd episode.

I was thrilled upon receiving this news.  YouTube is still quite a foreign animal to me, in matters of it being a great tool for networking and promoting the haunt, so other than posting my video, I really hadn't been making connections with other haunters or promoting my "channel" (see, I'm learning the lingo ;) Scott had simply found me by luck and I'm glad that he did.  The number of hits on my video went up considerably and now I have 12 subscribers ;) *sheepish grin* I know that's not a lot, but it's WAY more than what I had before he spotlighted the haunt.

Anyway, I figured out how to find his channel and watched the episode.  He gave the haunt a nice review, calling attention to many of our homemade props and even showing a clip of our 2011 Home Haunter's Contest video.  He also caught the very embarrassing mistake that I made when creating this blog, in that "cemetery" is spelled wrong in my blog address... DOH!  (I'll talk more about that in an upcoming post.)

I haven't had a chance to watch any of Scott's other episodes of Haunt Insider, but from the one that I saw, it really is a cool way of finding out about other haunts, that I may not have seen on the other Halloween websites that I'm a member of... The Great Pumpkin knows there are a BUNCH of them out there now.

Here is the link to the episode that 2nd Street Cemetery was spotlighted in:
Haunt Insider, Episode 22

The portion about us begins at 8:40, in case you're pressed for time.

Also, if you're a YouTube user, show our fellow haunter some support and subscribe to Scott's channel. :) His channel is JHMDF. 

Hauntingly Yours,
The Countess

1 comment: