Monday, August 20, 2012

Project Jumble

It seems that my focus is all over the place with my projects this year.  So, here's what I've been up to:

Designing a new winged skull for the new cemetery sign.  I'm using a lovely skull mold that I got from the Davis Graveyard Etsy store:

 This is just a cardboard pattern.  I'll make the wings like the ones for the reaper.  I can't seem to get away from making wings this year!
I've also started tombstone work.  I've been researching different tombstone shapes.  My first 3 homemade stones all look very similar, but that's going to change this year.  This one is going to be Christina Rossetti's.  I'm also working on one for Bram Stoker... but I'm not satisfied with what I've done with it yet, so no picture this time ;)

My newest Halloween obsession this year, sillouettes.  I don't know why.  I think they're great!  They're also easy... which is a nice break from cutting foam.  I couldn't believe how easily the X-acto knife cut through the paper.  Here's the first one that I've completed.  It's just scrapbook paper from Michael's :)  Pretty cheap project too!


That's it for now.  I'm trying to inspire the Count to help me get to work on the Raven Reaper's body, so that I can start on hands and a robe. 

More soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love your witch silhouette! Wow I have been wondering if anyone carried any. You look like your getting good and ready for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. found your site through countdown to halloween -awesome projects! can't wait to join y'all on the countdown this year!

    ReplyDelete